August Morning Detox and Ginger CoolerAugust 3, 2009
It seems that Europeans deemed August the month of Rest and Relaxation. As an American, I’ve always been envious of their practice of taking the whole month off to rest and rejuvenate. These help me get moving in the morning and in the hot month of August when I have much work to do!
This simple morning drink, upon rising, will gently help to clear mucus and toxins from your body. It’s a great way to start the day.
Glass of warm water
Juice of half an organic lemon
Optional-Raw honey or green stevia to sweeten
Ginger is soothing to the stomach, good for your immune system and delicious. Enjoy this cool and refreshing drink for a yummy boost. I love to juice fresh ginger and I always use raw honey
I love to juice fresh ginger and I always use raw honey for this recipe.
- 1 lb fresh ginger root
- 2 quarts water
- juice of two limes
- pure maple syrup, honey or agave nectar to taste
- Wash and grate, or chop, the ginger and mix with water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for four minutes. Cover the pan, turn off heat and let rest for 24 hours.
- Strain liquid through a fine sieve.
- Add lime juice and sweetener, stir until dissolved and serve chilled.
- After all – you are what you eat, so eat well!